Sometimes, finding time to train can be really tricky. However, it is not impossible. There is a variety of quick and effective abs and glute exercises that can be done just about anywhere.
No more excuses, in this article we offer you a workout that lasts only 20 minutes for awesome abs and buttocks . Take note!
Don’t forget the heating
However short the workout may be, it is very important to warm up your muscles before starting. If you don’t warm up, you risk cramps, strains and even injuries. Therefore, never start training without a warm-up session.
There are different ways to warm up the muscles, you can perform different exercises that work as many muscle groups. For example, running for 5 minutes or doing 50 scissor jumps; the important thing is that it is a cardio activity.
Abs and glutes in 20 minutes
It’s time to work your abs and glutes. Once the area of the body to be exercised has been selected, we move on to the isolation exercises. By this, we intend to carry out exercises in which the main muscles are worked. This workout is divided into two parts, the first of 10 minutes is dedicated to the buttocks, the second with the other 10 minutes remaining, to the abdominals.
Strong glutes in 10 minutes
After warming up, let’s start with the first part of the workout. These are simply 5 exercises, for which we recommend that you dedicate 30 seconds to rest between each exercise,
- 25 sumo squats: sumo squats are a type of push-up in which you have to lower your buttocks almost to the ground. Be careful not to make the mistake of bending your knees forward.
- 10 reps of jump squats: These squats will make your glutes look like a peach. Jump squats are very simple to do; you just have to jump and return to the ground by performing a full squat.
- 20 throws of the leg backwards: standing, with the back straight and the hands on the waist; lift one leg back and return to the starting position. You should feel some pressure on the affected buttock. You can also hold onto a chair with one hand to maintain balance.
- 10 side squats: in this case the squat exercises one leg only. Step to the side and squat with the other leg straight. Then, return to the starting position.
- 15 leg raises: Lie on your back and keep the soles of your feet flat on the ground. With your arms extended to the ground, and without straining, raise your leg as high as possible. Then lower and repeat the movement.
Abs of steel
This is the second part of the training, which will mostly be done on the ground. For this part, we recommend using a yoga mat, or if you don’t have one, a blanket or beach towel is also fine. The aim is that you do not get hurt while performing the movements.
The last part of the training is not based so much on the exercises as on the repetitions. Therefore, prepare your abs! The exercises are as follows:
- 2 sets of 25 traditional abs: these are the best known abs. Lie down on the ground, bend your knees and lift your shoulders to perform the abdominal movement. Be careful not to bend the neck inwards; keep it straight with your gaze facing forward.
- 5 sets of leg lifts: Lie down on the ground, place your hands slightly under your buttocks. Raise your outstretched legs to form a 90 ° angle; then lower them without touching the floor and raise them up.
This exercise works the entire abdominal area. Remember not to touch the ground! The legs should come almost to the point of touching the ground but they must not. At the same time, keep your abdomen tight all the time and don’t stiffen your neck.
- 5 Minute Plank: This exercise is extremely beneficial for the abdominals. Get in the same position as the push-ups, but resting on your elbows. Keep your body straight all the time.
Once you’ve finished your workout, don’t forget to stretch, to oxygenate your muscles and relax. This workout is short but tiring, but there’s nothing stopping you from getting a great body. Just pay attention to the details.
And most importantly, enjoy the exercises! Have fun and make the most of this workout. Follow these tips to the letter and you’ll be strengthening your abs and butt in no time. Accompany exercise with good nutrition and you will see how results will not be long in coming!