Usually, sportsmen and women prefer to eat bananas on their own, or as a dessert after meals. It is, as you surely already know, a healthy and nutrient-rich food. At the same time it is very versatile in the kitchen and, not surprisingly, today we will share with you some really delicious banana dessert recipes.
Due to its consistency, its degree of sweetness and the typical and pleasant taste, this tropical fruit (typical of South America) will become the perfect complement to your lunches and dinners. Preparing banana desserts is not complicated, on the contrary, but the result will be greatly appreciated by your guests. So let’s see how to create these desserts using, mainly, healthy ingredients.
Unmissable banana dessert recipes
1. Banana split
When it comes to the most famous banana desserts, we certainly can’t help but mention the banana split. This dessert is a favorite of many people and, despite being one of the most traditional, the truth is that it never goes out of style.
Although the banana split is usually a real calorie bomb, the recipe we present to you today is quite different. In fact, below you will find a healthier and one hundred percent healthy homemade version. This does not mean, however, that you have to give up the sweetness and flavor of this extraordinary dish.
- 2 whole bananas
- 400 grams of sliced bananas
- 200 grams of strawberries
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa
- 1 natural yogurt
- a handful of walnuts
- chocolate syrup
- Start by cutting the 400 grams of banana into equal slices. Then, put them on a plate and, when you have covered the whole surface, you will spread a layer of transparent film and then place another layer on top. This way the slices won’t stick together.
- Do the same thing with the strawberries and place both dishes in the freezer for about 3 hours.
- Remove the banana slices from the freezer and place them in the blender container. Set aside half of the slices. After chopping them for a few minutes, you will get a delicious banana ice cream.
- Repeat the same procedure with the strawberries, combining half of the banana slices that you had previously set aside.
- Now that the strawberry ice cream and banana ice cream have been prepared, all that remains is to make the chocolate one. To prepare it, put the remaining banana slices in the blender along with 3 tablespoons of cocoa. The chocolate ice cream will be ready in a few minutes.
- Put the three ice creams in the freezer so they stay cold while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Peel the two bananas and place them on the edges of a plate or an elongated plate, as is done in the traditional banana split presentation.
- Now add three scoops of ice cream in the middle of the two bananas.
- Finally, pour the natural yogurt as if it were whipped cream, with a little chocolate syrup and cover everything with a handful of the nuts you like.
2. Banana and caramel pancakes
The pancakes that we propose below are a perfect snack for a special day. They are healthy, they taste delicious and you can present them in a very spectacular way. Whether you are sporty or not, if you love to take care of yourself or are on a diet, you can use this banana dessert recipe as many times as you want. Plus, the little ones of the house will love it!
- 5 tablespoons of oatmeal
- 3 egg whites
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons of skim milk
- 1 natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- In a bowl, combine the baking powder, flour, egg whites, milk, sweetener and cinnamon.
- Add the chopped banana to the mixture and mix to distribute everything evenly.
- Let the dough rest for half an hour, covering it with a cloth.
- In a pan, add a little olive oil with a spray dispenser.
- Pour two tablespoons of the mixture into the pan and cook on both sides.
- Put the pancakes on top of each other until you get a stack of pancakes.
- Place the other sliced banana on top of the last pancake.
- Finally, add some caramel sauce on top of the ready-made oatmeal pancakes and banana.
3. Banana cream pie
The latest banana dessert recipe proposal is the most traditional. It is a cake with a cream filling that will remind you of the desserts you ate as a child. If you add a little honey above, as seen in the image below, you will really make your guests happy.
- 6 bananas
- 100 milliliters of milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 lemon
- 9 tablespoons of sugar
- First, boil half a glass of water and add the 4 tablespoons of sugar. Turn with a spoon until you get a thick caramel.
- Pour the caramel into the mold and roll it out quickly before it cools. If you want to make a more “light” version, omit this step.
- In a bowl, put the eggs, the milk, the peeled and chopped bananas all with the zest of a lemon. Mash all the ingredients until you get a homogeneous mass.
- Beat two eggs with 4 tablespoons of sugar and add them to the mixture you have just prepared. Then, pour the mixture into the mold.
- Cook in a double boiler at 180 degrees for about half an hour.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice the two remaining bananas. You will put them in a hot pan, mixing them with two tablespoons of sugar. After half a minute, carefully remove the slices so they don’t break.
- Once the cream has cooled, place the banana slices on top.