Drinking water can be a great help for anyone who wants to lose weight. But don’t overdo it.
In this article, we explain how drinking water can help you lose weight and how to not overdo it.
Excessive water consumption is considered to be one of the most common eating disorders, such as anorexia and bulimia. It is about potomania. Those affected can consume more than four liters per day, and they do so with the intention of filling their stomachs and therefore not being hungry.
People who suffer from it run the risk that the level of sodium in the blood will drop (hyponatremia) to levels so alarming that it can even trigger a coma. But of course, these are extreme cases.
You need to drink water based on your weight
The need for water is closely related to the weight of each person. The bigger or heavier someone is, the more water they will need, although you have to consider whether or not you exercise.
There are publications that say that if you are not thirsty, you do not need to drink water, and if you drink without being thirsty, you are overloading your kidneys, but it is also true that when we are thirsty … we are already starting to be dehydrated. and that if the body detects that it is not receiving enough water, it begins to retain fluids to have reserves in case of need.
Therefore, it is necessary to drink water regularly and thus avoid fluid retention. With this formula, we can drink enough water so that our body does not retain fluids and unnecessarily overload our kidneys. All according to body weight.
The amount of water that should be consumed is 32ml per day for each kilogram of weight. So a person weighing 60 kilos would have to consume 1920 ml of water which corresponds to 1,920 liters of water per day. Do this calculation, are you drinking all the water you need to achieve weight loss?
What can you do to remember to drink the water you need every day?
You may be surprised at the amount of water you should drink and you may be wondering how you could go about remembering to drink all that water every day. There are some tips that can be followed to drink water and achieve the desired weight loss.
- You can drink a large glass of water before each meal. This will make it harder to forget to drink water and will also help digestion by making food metabolism faster in the body.
- Whenever you go to the bathroom, drink a glass of water. This is one of the most effective ways to keep hydration at constant levels.
- Drink a glass of water as soon as you get up and another before going to bed. Drinking cold water on an empty stomach appears to have metabolic activating effects, and if you go to bed well hydrated at night, your body will use that water to filter out impurities overnight.
- If none of these methods work for you, you can create a list of boxes that you will need to tick throughout the day as you drink each glass of water.
- At work, you can try to remember to have a drink upon arrival, another mid-morning, another at lunch, and another before you leave… perhaps this method works best.
In short, drinking the right amount of water is very important to lead a healthy life and to maintain our weight. For this, remember to drink the water you need according to the formula that we have revealed, it will work more than you think.