To have defined muscles and a good sports performance, it is important to follow a healthy diet. However, there is no shortage of occasions when we want to eat our favorite dish. Even pizza can become a healthy food to satisfy this craving without interrupting the diet.
The pizza has become popular for its flavor, because of its convenience and the fact of being always a good excuse to get together with friends. In fact, in many countries it is now the most consumed food.
Despite this, this delicious dish represents a dilemma for those who want to get used to a healthy diet. Following a meal plan becomes difficult if you find yourself in the balance between temptation and willpower. What to do in these cases?
Does pizza make you fat?
Even though most pizzas include ingredients that are rich in carbohydrates and fats, it is not quite fair to say that they are responsible for the extra pounds. In fact, there are variations that can be considered very healthy.
In this article, we show you how to make three healthy pizzas to satisfy your palate once in a while. In this way you can follow a balanced diet without huge sacrifices and without depriving yourself of your favorite dish.
3 healthy pizza recipes
The big difference between healthy pizzas and all the others lies not only in the additives, but above all in the dough. In this case, whole flours and not refined flours should be used. Whole grains, in fact, facilitate digestion and provide a greater amount of nutrients such as fiber, which helps regulate the digestive system.
Furthermore, this type of dough contains fewer calories than traditional ones. However, the preparation is the same:
- Add oil and salt to half a cup of water.
- In another bowl, combine the yeast and flour.
- Add half a cup of hot water and mix to make the dough.
- Let it rest for half an hour.
- Add the preparation of water, salt and oil.
- Let it rest again. After two hours, the dough will be ready to be rolled out and placed in the oven for pre-cooking.
1. Vegetarian pizza
- 1 onion
- 2 courgettes
- 3 tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- First, cut the onion and courgettes and sauté them in oil and water. Both vegetables allow this cooking method given the water content.
- Next, add the chopped tomatoes and their juice. You can also use a potato masher to make the sauce before adding it to the onion and zucchini.
- Add salt and pepper and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Now, add the cheese and put in the oven until it melts.
- Optional: you can add rocket, oregano, basil or any other vegetable to decorate and enrich it with flavor.
2. Eggplant mini pizzas
Ingredients (for 4 servings)
- 2 eggplants
- 2 tomatoes
- 250 grams of mozzarella
- 2 onions
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Tomato sauce
- First, cut the eggplant into medium-sized slices.
- Put them in a pan with salt and a little olive oil. Now, cook in the oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cut the onions, tomatoes and garlic.
- Fry the onion and garlic in the olive oil for 3 to 4 minutes. Now add the tomato and a spoonful of tomato sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and put the sauce on each slice of eggplant.
- Finally, add the mozzarella and place in the oven for 5 minutes to melt it.
3. Chicken pizza
Ingredients (with the wholemeal dough already prepared previously)
- 1 onion
- Half a chicken breast
- Light cheese
- A tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 chopped tomatoes or tomato sauce (of your choice)
- Rocket, basil or oregano (your choice)
- To start, cut the onion and brown it in olive oil until it becomes transparent.
- Add the diced chicken and cook completely.
- Before you add this preparation to the dough, you can combine it with chopped tomatoes or tomato sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Now, spread the seasoning and cheese over the previously cooked dough.
- Put in the oven to melt the cheese.
- Finally, add the vegetables when cooked.
As you can see, it’s easy to make healthy pizzas, perfect for satisfying a whim of your gluttony when it happens to you. They’re also great for sharing with friends and family, and they’re really easy to make. Try them and combine them with other ingredients of your choice!