The Factors That Most Affect Weight Loss

Losing weight is the main goal of many people who join the gym. But it is clear that physical exercise alone is not enough to succeed, given the presence of many other factors that affect weight. Among these is the diet. 
The factors that most affect weight loss

For aesthetic or health reasons, more and more people are trying to lose weight. Knowing what factors affect weight loss the most helps make your efforts more effective.

So here is an article on the factors that affect weight loss the most .

Health or aesthetics?

The World Health Organization states that 39% of adults aged 18 and over suffer from overweight. Likewise, it is a disease that affects children more and more. 

Worldwide, overweight and obesity are the cause of death every day. This situation leads health organizations to propose healthy solutions. For this, campaigns have been created that promote proper nutrition and sport as ways to keep fit.

factors that most affect weight loss

In addition, there is also an aesthetic motivation. The physically attractive model is always skinny, for both men and women. And this stereotype is ingrained in society. The influence of famous people, the media and a world completely based on appearance, are determining factors.

What is the cause of the increase in overweight in the world population?

Lifestyle today is the main cause. There are habits generated by social changes that cause this problem.

  • Increased consumption of foods rich in fats and refined flours. Fast food bought out of the home, the choice of industrial and unhealthy flavors, are some of the causes.
  • Lack of physical activity. The nature of many jobs, the ease of transport by car, the urbanization that makes people move less and less, the technology that replaces the movements, are all causes of the growing sedentarism.
a sedentary lifestyle is one of the factors that most affect weight loss

Taking these living conditions into account means visualizing two of the factors that most affect weight loss: food and physical activity. But they are not the only ones. It’s not about quitting eating or working out at the gym. Any attempt to lose weight must be made with attention to health.

What are the factors that affect weight loss the most?

Food is estimated to have a 70% influence on failure to lose weight. The remaining 30% relates to physical activity. To lose weight, you need to create a lifestyle that promotes weight loss. It is not easy, but it is possible.

  • First, anyone who wants to lose weight must be really convinced. Losing weight is, first of all, a mental attitude. If the person is not deeply convinced and willing, he will deceive himself and fail.
  • The emotional stress is an opponent. A person’s entire metabolism is affected by complex emotional situations.
  • And what about entertainment and fun? There are  people for whom eating is a way to pass the time and not get bored. If they are alone in the house, they eat in order not to get depressed. All the festivities and any excuses go through food.

The obsession with food is one of the factors that have the most influence on weight loss. It is therefore necessary to change the relationship with food. We must stop perceiving food as a form of entertainment and pleasure.

The most important food factors

  • A secret is to avoid a sudden change in the way you eat. Neither the body nor the mind can bear the transition from too much to nothing. The process must be gradual.
  • The first step is to cut down on portions and try to replace junk food with more natural foods. Fruits and vegetables are excellent aids. Also, flour and fizzy drinks must be eliminated from the diet.
  • To lose weight, you need to burn fat and gain muscle mass. This means:  more exercise. Aerobic exercises are especially helpful.
  • Water is essential. In some situations, the need for water is perceived as an appetite. Instead of drinking, the person eats, when in reality the body only needs water. Drinking lots of water is a healthy habit that will contribute to health and weight loss.

Following a good nutritional plan,  developed by a specialist, is the best and most productive strategy.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button