Whey protein is considered to be a very high quality protein. This substance is very low in carbohydrates and contains no fat. Naturally present in milk, it is a complete protein and contains all the amino acids the body needs.
Including whey protein in your daily diet is a great decision that will bring us great benefits. It is a liquid that separates from the milk during the cheese making process, a complete and high quality protein that contains all the essential amino acids.
10 reasons to consume whey protein
- As we’ve already mentioned, including whey protein in your daily diet provides the fuel you need to get better results, from heavy to moderate workouts.
- Consuming whey protein helps our body lose fat and preserve muscles; its contribution allows you to lose up to 6% of body fat without affecting muscle mass.
- It produces an increase in the size and strength of the muscles. Protein is used by the body to build and repair tissues. Furthermore, thanks to the joint action with enzymes, hormones and other chemicals present in the body, it prevents the loss of bone matter.
- Whey protein is great for reducing appetite. They generate a feeling of satiety, people feel full for a long time after consuming it, even more than casein, soy and rice proteins.
- Helps to keep body weight under control. Whey protein helps maintain a healthy weight by promoting fat loss and increasing lean muscle mass. Thanks to these properties, it is effective in diets.
- It improves the functioning of the immune system because it increases the synthesis of antioxidants, which are beneficial for health, and helps protect the body from disease. It keeps sugar levels stable and reduces blood fats by reducing the amount of bad cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Helps manage stress. Whey protein contains the amino acid tryptophan, which plays an important role in the production of serotonin in the brain. When we show low levels of serotonin, feelings of depression, anxiety and restlessness increase.
Nutrition and disease prevention
- It stimulates the metabolism and helps during the aging process. Whey proteins fight free radicals and the signs of aging, slowing down cell and bone degeneration.
- Due to its nutritional qualities, this protein is recommended for elderly people, as it improves cardiovascular activity and prevents malnutrition.
- Helps prevent cancer. Contains the antioxidant glutathione, one of the most powerful. This active ingredient is naturally produced in the body from cysteine, glutamine and glycine. It absorbs free radicals, protects cells and therefore an element to be used for the prevention of cancer, especially prostate cancer.
- According to many studies, whey protein significantly improves performance, endurance and overall strength. At the same time, it speeds up tissue recovery. For this reason it is advisable to consume it one hour before and after physical activity.
- Nourishing whey is the richest and most soluble type of the macronutrient group ; it is more nutritious than soy, rice, egg and meat, hemp and other forms of protein. It has the highest biological value compared to those mentioned, lower cost and higher availability.
- Proteins are known as macronutrients and provide the body with the raw material needed to develop muscles, organs, hair, neurotransmitters and enzymes. They are essential for our health and the reproduction of our vital functions.
As a supplement, whey protein in the daily diet is used by bodybuilders and athletes, because it prevents age-related muscle loss and improves muscle strength.